The fastest way to learn will always be a private lesson, however, a Group Ballroom Dance Class is how many people start to learn ballroom dancing.
Group Ballroom Dance Classes
The group ballroom dance classes run in four week sessions (see Calendar) and cost $48 per person for a four week session/package. This package is known as a Class Pass and saves you money vs. purchasing one group lesson at a time. Each class meets once a week for four weeks. After a four week session ends, a different set of dances will be taught, so if you don't see the dance you would like to learn, it may be offered in the next session. The ballroom dance classes are cumulative so each week builds on the material taught in the previous week(s). You may take a class as a drop in for $15 per person, but it is recommended that you try to come to all the ballroom dance classes rather than dropping in sporadically. New steps and combinations of figures are taught, and good technique and styling are always stressed.
Levels of Instruction
The group classes are divided into levels. Each dance has a syllabus or selection of steps that is taught in each level. Here is what the various levels are called and what they mean:
* NEWCOMER BEGINNER Level: No dance experience needed. Good material for anyone at any level. Look for it on our calendar.
* BRONZE Level: The class will move at a faster pace than a Newcomer Beginner Class. Good material for anyone at any level. Look for it on our calendar.
* SILVER Level: Be inspired by some of the most beautiful material you could learn! Some dance experience recommended. Completion of some Bronze Level suggested, but not needed. Class will move at a faster pace covering more difficult figures and concepts than BRONZE Level. Look for it on our calendar.
* GOLD 1 & 2 Level: Be inspired by some of the most beautiful material you could learn! Considerable dance experience needed. Intermediate level experience recommended. Silver Level experience suggested. Class will move at a faster pace covering more difficult figures and concepts than SILVER 3 & 4 Level. Look for it on our calendar.
* Gold 3 & 4 Level: The ultimate in American Smooth and Rhythm dance class. A considerable amount of dancing is required. A strong understanding of Silver is necessary and knowledge of Gold 1&2 is preferable. Dance technique is strongly emphasized and sharp moves with grace and agility are stressed. This is a really fun, hard working class with a real sense of accomplishment when mastered. Highly recommended for the motivated student. Look for it on our calendar.
Supplement your group classes with private ballroom dance lessons if you are having difficulty keeping up with the class or have had to miss some classes. A private lesson can catch you up and help you feel more confident with the material.
You do not need a partner to sign up for group classes or private lessons!
Occasionally there will be a ballroom dance workshop or specialty class offered. If you have any suggestions for classes or other ideas for our studio, either tell your instructor or send it in the suggestion box for consideration.
Group Class Policies
There will be no refunds once the class starts. The "drop-in" rate is $15 per person per class. There will be no credits for missed classes unless we cancel due to bad weather... Video recording of group classes is not permitted.
Group classes are rarely cancelled due to bad weather.
However, if you want to make sure the class will be held,
please call the studio number: (423) 771-3646.